There are a number of QLD business grants available for startups or growing small businesses. It is of utmost importance for small business owners to make use of these government grants to subsidise the cost of digital solutions that are being implemented.
What business grants are available?
The easiest way to find out what business grants are available is to use the Queensland Government Grants Finder. This grants finder takes into consideration your business position and aspirations for the future.
Can any of these grants be used towards your services?
The Small Business Digital Grants Program provides small businesses with access to digital technologies and services to enable them to work smarter, engage with the global economy and make the most of online business opportunities arising from digital disruption.
Matched funding of up to $10,000 (excluding GST) may be provided to eligible businesses for the purchase of hardware, software and services (such as digital coaching).
The business must show how the digital technology or service purchased and adopted will enhance the digital capabilities of their business and help them to be more competitive and employ more staff.
The digital technology or service must fall under one of four identified priority areas:
- content development (web pages, mobile apps, visual and audio media, etc.)
- receiving payments or selling online
- specialised digital technology or software (business specific)
- digital planning, digital marketing strategy development, and digital training.
To be eligible the business must:
- have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for GST
- have Queensland headquarters
- have a turnover of $2 million or less for the last financial year
- not be insolvent or have owners/directors that are an undischarged bankrupt.
The participating business must also provide a project report on completion of the project detailing how the funds were spent and the impact it has had on the business.
The grant seems to be closed
Round 5 has now closed and the QLD Government are not currently accepting applications.
You can however subscribe to the QLD Government’s Small Business Connect newsletter to be notified when the next round opens.
How do I get a proposal for my grant application?
Dynamic Digital Solutions can provide you with a proposal to submit with your grant application. Contact us: email@example.com