What drives performance in your business?
Every business is different and there can be a number of internal and external factors that drive performance in a business. It might seem quite difficult at first in trying to identify these drivers because there is just so much to take into consideration. The key is however to start somewhere – be it with a product or service that you provide and then to break it down into each part of the business process e.g. sales, operations, quality assessment, financing and support.
Let’s have a look at a few examples:
What drives a sale in your business?
Every business is different and there can be a number of elements that might lead to a sale. These drivers might in fact differ to the drivers identified by your competition as they continuously try to differentiate themselves in the market place.
Have you ever taken the time to reflect on how sales are driven in your business and how these can measured?
For example: In my business there are a number of ways in which leads are generated. It could be through traffic to my website, email campaigns, flyer distribution, Facebook or Google advertisements, competitions, network groups, web research and direct marketing campaigns.
How do you measure the success of these sales drivers?
Once again there are a number of different ways to measure success and this might be dependent on the systems that you have available?
I for instance use Zoho CRM to pull together all of my leads, potentials and contact information. I love that Zoho CRM is flexible and that it allows me to customise the CRM system to my requirements.
It can be quite a cumbersome process having to change systems and as a result it is really important to choose one that best suits your needs and that can grow with you as your business grows.
It also has some incredible reports which can be used to track my progress on a real-time basis. Having the information I need at my fingertips allows me to make more informed choices and decisions about my business.
What drives the operations in your business?
There can be a number of different operational drivers in a business. Often the best place the start is with the process. Identify what are the key stages in the production process, the resources being used and then in turn the key drivers for each of these.
This will then allow you to put together some measurable parameters.
How do you manage success?
How do you measure the success of your operations?
Financial information available through Xero and Intuit QuickBooks measures some elements of performance at a point in time but does this financial information truly provide you with the information you need to manage the key operational drivers in your business?
Business is continually evolving and if you want to differentiate your business from the competition then you need to be agile.
The only way to be more agile is to track performance on a real-time basis.
With a suite of 40+ applications available in Zoho One; you can rest assured that you will be able to track each of the key drivers identified in some way or form.
Need some help identifying and tracking the key drivers in your business?
Does the software you’re currently using suit your business needs and how you operate or are you molding your business to the software available?
Claim your free digital makeover and find out how Zoho One can work for your business.
Zoho One redefines the way in which you work by making 40+ integrated apps available to your business. Zoho One can cater for developed businesses or start-ups and can be customised to your business needs.
Note: The Digital Makeover consists of a 1 hour free consultation session to understand your needs and requirements and to demonstrate how Zoho One can work in your business.
Why Dynamic Digital Solutions?
- Experienced – We have over 20 years experience creating, testing and reviewing application systems. Dynamic Digital Solutions is also a Certified Zoho Creator Solutions Provider and Kim Mclachlan is a Chartered Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor and Certified Zoho Creator Developer.
- Client Centric – Our solutions are tailored to your business needs and requirements. By only taking on a small group of clients we have time and energy to fully focus on your needs.
- Passionate – We’re passionate about app development that suit the needs and requirements of your business and want your business to succeed.
- Technology Focused – We understand that starting up a new business or running an existing small to medium business can be challenging and might put pressure on valuable resources and therefore our solutions promote managing your business on-the- go. This allows you to focus on the things that matter and to manage your business in a more cost efficient manner.
- Australian based – We are app developers based on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland, Australia. Our solutions are mobile and as a result we are able to provide our services anywhere in Australia. We are also available for face-to-face meetings in Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast.